[Edit] Just adding this here because it didn’t warrant its own post. Just saw some music video by Joss Stone called You Had Me, a typical girl power pop song. It’s about how she’s breaking up with her boyfriend who had apparently spent all her money. Fair enough, but the video has her write a Dear John letter, stick it on the fridge, and then leave so her boyfriend can find it when he gets home. What kind of ‘girl power’ is that? [/Edit]
Once again, it’s time for Friday’s Feast.
Appetizer: On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being highest), how attractive do you think you are?
Hmm… On how attractive I look, I’d say a 7. On how attractive I am, I’d bump it up to an 8. I reckon I carry myself with more confidence than a lot of other girls/ladies and that counts for something.
Soup: What local restaurant would you recommend to a visitor to your town or city?
Thought long and hard about this one but I’m stumped. I’ll admit it, I can’t speak or read my race’s language and so I don’t dine anywhere that doesn’t have an English menu. The only time I go to proper Chinese restaurants is when I’m out with Mom and the only time I go to the local noodle shops and such is when Willie takes me. Thus, I don’t have enough experience with local restaurants to be able to recommend any.
Salad: What’s a lesson you had to learn the hard way?
Only one? I’d prefer a few.
- If it is rainy, and you are walking along a downhill path of which one side is covered in moss, walk on the clean side. Otherwise you will fall.
- If it is rainy and you are walking down a wet staircase, watch where you step. Otherwise you will fall. If you do happen to trip, take care when getting up. Otherwise you will fall again.
- If you still want to use it, don’t make a mobile phone go swimming more than three times.
- After you sleep with someone, you will no longer be friends.
- Think about what you’re thinking before you say it. Many of our daily thoughts are actually rude and offensive and should never leave our mouths.
- In a crowded market, never ever walk with your bag to the side of you. Instead keep it in front of you at all times. (Bye bye wallet.)
- Most friends aren’t real friends.
Main Course: Name something in your life that you feel you can depend on 100%.
My mother’s love.
Dessert: If you could see the front page of a newspaper from September 24, 2104, what would you imagine the headline might be?
Perhaps something to do with the weather and how Hurricane Bob’s causing some trouble.
Me writing a future headline about how so-and-so is now at war with so-and-so, or how the leader of so-and-so was overthrown would just be asking for trouble, wouldn’t it?